Company: Diversified Fluid Solutions
Diversified Fluid Solutions
Company Website: https://www.dfsolution.com/
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer with electrical and controls system experience to lead a design team working in a challenging, fast paced environment. In search of a person with an aptitude, understanding and desire to lead a team of controls designers to develop and automate high tech process equipment. Works with a high degree of personal integrity and performs well as part of a team. This candidate will be the lead electrical technical expert for these systems and will involve the technical evaluation of our customer’s specifications and translate into an electrical design that will meet DFS standards and customer’s expectations.
Oversee and lead the controls design staff responsible for the design of high tech process equipment including chemical and gas fluid handling equipment. Responsibilities include oversight of custom and existing standard designs of products for fabrication utilizing controls engineering principles, process analysis, and electrical theory.
Provide specific direction to designers through direct supervision, coaching, training, and assistance in tasks as necessary. Set performance goals for the team and manage complex work schedules for production of system designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
• Define, engineer, specify, plan, manage follow-up all activities, support manufacturing and qualification activities related to the electrical requirements of the project.
• Familiarity with US and European electrical codes and standards (UL, CE, Etc.)
• Maintain compliance with UL certification
• Perform electrical studies of our systems and customer designs.
• Provides project leadership and leads a team during the design and construction of electrical panels and systems.
• Possesses a good understanding of existing electrical systems and development guidelines, and contributes toward product development.
• Specify components according to customer specifications and maintain control on costs and schedule for the electrical portion of the project by limiting expenses to those allowed by the proposal/scope of projects.
• Interface well with customers & internal project team to effectively communicate customer’s needs to the organization and the company’s capabilities to the customer.
• Support sales to help define the specifications and the scope of work.
• Define the nature of a quote request, study the feasibility and execute a quote according to the current procedures. Define needs in terms of tools and resources to fulfill these quotation activities.
• Actively seek/evaluate new tools or components that help maintain/ improve design efficiencies.
• Maintain strong communication by regular feedback to project team, manufacturing and customers.
• Adhere and execute to project budgets.
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to review and approve project documents related to the electrical part of a project.
• Adhere and apply the UL, CSA, CE regulations and NFPA and SEMI guidelines.
• Software experience with a concentration in Ladder Logic PLC control and design a plus.
• Ability to interface effectively with internal product design development and manufacturing team.
• Proficient in electrical design and development of electrical schematics and panel layouts in Auto-CAD and Solidworks. Solidworks Electrical or AutoCad Electrical a plus.
• Ability to update knowledge of technologies that are available internal and external to DFS.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong computer skills with MS office applications; Project.
EDUCATION/ QUALIFICATIONS: Engineering Degree, Technical Degree, Military Tech Training or equivalent, with 5+ years of industrial experience and minimum of 2 years of experience managing staff.
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret charts and graphs; and technical data for the purposes of ensuring adherence to quality standards and disciplines
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to take technical data and information and simplify for others to use and understand who may not have a technical background
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small and large groups
The work environment characteristics include periodic noise increases, although for the most part the environment is usually quiet. Safety glasses and other protection required when out in the shop area.
The compensation will be commensurate upon overall experience and skill level. In addition, competitive, company-sponsored benefits, such as health, dental, and life insurances, along with a company-matching 401(k) plan, company-paid holidays and Paid Time Off are also available for this position.
Note: CPS and its group companies do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religious creed, national origin, sex, marital status, veteran status, disability, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected classes.
PDF Job Description: https://www.swi-ma.org/app/uploads/2019/05/2019021.pdfDownload PDF Job Description