Company: Diversified Fluid Solutions
Diversified Fluid Solutions
Company Website: https://www.dfsolution.com/
SUMMARY: The Designer provides design and documentation support for any internal or external customer projects. All designs are produced using SOLIDWORKS, AutoCad, Word, Excel or customer defined software per the project-defined scope. The Designer provides coordination of the engineering and design effort resulting in fully coordinated construction documents with consideration for the planning of future requirements, and code compliance. The Designer may also supervise and control externally contracted CAD resources.
• Maintain good communication within the Design organization, with other engineering disciplines, and with all customers throughout the organization.
• Design and draft complete, legible, and accurate working drawings utilizing Solidworks and AutoCad, including various systems and supports for the manufacturing and installation of equipment. Must comply with manufacturer’s specifications and requirements of UBC, UFC, NEC, NFPA, City, State, and other jurisdictional agencies.
• Coordinate the engineering design schedule and document production.
• Supervise and control external design consultants, CAD resources and/or contractors.
• Interface with customer coordinators, engineers, and users to provide buildable SolidWorks packages for manufacturing and installation of equipment. Communicates constantly with engineers and other designers regarding project engineering and design.
• Be able to make decisions and field questions during construction to mitigate unanticipated construction changes related to system design and engineering.
• Organize files and drawings for issue to manufacturing and record keeping utilizing hard file and software systems to include project files and customer required documentation.
• Be aware of safety requirements to assure protection of team member life and health and develop all designs to achieve safe installations.
• Able to work on multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize and schedule workload, self-starter.
• In-depth knowledge of Solidworks, PDM Vault, AutoCAD, and Windows required software.
• Excellent team working and good organizational skills.
• Good service attitude, communication and people skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: AAS degree in Design and Drafting or equivalent experience. Design/drafting experience with a concentration in mechanical piping design preferred.
Note: CPS and its group companies do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religious creed, national origin, sex, marital status, veteran status and disability status, with regard to public assistance or any other protected classes.
PDF Job Description: https://www.swi-ma.org/app/uploads/2019/05/2019009.pdfDownload PDF Job Description