Gas Product Manager
Company: Diversified Fluid Solutions
This position is with our company Diversified Fluid Solutions , which manufactures a variety of chemical blending and distribution equipment, provides technical expertise, and delivers flawless support to meet a diverse array of high purity chemical applications.
The Gas Product Manager is responsible for defining new system requirements, implementing new designs and packaging the features into product releases. This position involves close interaction with Engineering, Sales Manager, and key customers. A strong technical or engineering background is required. Job duties include gathering requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators, writing market technical documents and monitoring the implementation of each product project.
The Gas Product Manager has the technical competence to help Engineering understand the intent of requirements so that they can build better specifications. The Technical Product Manager needs to touch and understand the market, however. Provide detailed engineering for the design and construction of high purity gas systems. Work with the design team to research, specify and select system components for new designs.
• Work closely with the customer to understand their gas system requirements applying these requirements to new and existing systems.
• Ability to analyze data directly from the company’s product database. Utilizing this data, to make more informed decision on where the product they manage should be going and what needs to be developed.
• Manage engineering and design projects providing coordination between other engineers, designers, Purchasing, and Manufacturing.
• Ability to write technical documents and give technical presentations with the customer.
• Schedule and run project meetings, document meeting minutes and action items, and track and manage completion of action items.
• Designs and develops new products and product subassemblies for system applications.
• Ensure all system designs meet required codes and standards.
• Work with system designers to provide direction and review of detailed system drawings.
• Analyze flow and function requirements and engineer solutions to meet these requirements.
• Ensure safe design and operation of gas systems.
• Test and provide feedback and recommendations on new systems.
• Provide input and support for the construction of manufacturing equipment (manufacturing engineering).
• Assist in development and enforcement of engineering standards and procedures including quality and change management programs.
• Provide support for project quotations.
• Explore and recommend alternate processes and equipment to improve throughput, quality and employee safety.
• Work to improve product quality and assist in the continued improvement of quality systems.
• Assist the engineering department in the training of manufacturing staff in building new products and using new processes.
• Project Management
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and manage simultaneous projects.
• Must be diligent, thorough, conscientious and goal oriented.
• Must have demonstrated mechanical ability.
• Must excel in a team environment, have strong communication and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
• Experience with gas distribution systems.
• Experience with SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD.
• Experience with mechanical structures required.
• Experience with design and manufacturing.
• Strong personal computer skills including experience with Word and Excel.
• BSME in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred but will consider AS with relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in gas system design, installation and operation.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes medical (individual and family premiums shared between employer and employee), dental and vision coverage, HSA, Day Care reimbursement, matching 401(k), life insurance, disability, holiday and paid time off.
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further…… your career is right here!