Company: ProMoto Billet
Pro Moto Billet has a rewarding, casual, fun and challenging work environment. We design and manufacture high performance, cutting edge off-road performance accessories for dirt bikes and UTV’s. Our efforts make the difference in the industry we serve and the customers we support.
Position Responsibilities and Objectives:
Work at an internationally growing company as part of a dedicated team, and in partnership with the President. The Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of Pro Moto Billet operations. This includes the manufacturing facility, R & D, quality, inventory, production planning, purchasing, assembly/packaging/shipping, Bookkeeping/Accounting and the personnel. In addition, this position is responsible for all relevant interfaces with IT, R&D, sales and marketing.
The Operations Manager must have demonstrated success in leading teams in a production environment and possess expertise in state-of-the-art production techniques including lean manufacturing, six sigma and 5S.
Under the mentorship of the President, this individual has the opportunity to learn the details of our business, our processes and procedures. If they are willing and capable, they would have the potential to lead the entire company.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Production Management, Logistics or Business Administration. Masters in Business Administration a plus.
- 5 years of manufacturing management experience
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing operation
- Functional understanding of OSHA and Environmental regulations
- CNC Machine shop experience desirable
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate in a team atmosphere
- Exceptional people manager, open to direction and a collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- High-level critical thinker and problem solver
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff, groups and major projects or initiatives
- Complete understanding of business finances and how business activities affect them
- Decisive and in action
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Expert computer skills and proficient in Microsoft office suite including excel
Primary Functional Outline:
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the company mission.
- Improve current system to determine cost and profitability of individual products.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Determine staffing requirements, interview, hire, fire and train new teammates; or oversee those personnel processes.
- Create and maintain a safe work environment.
- Comply with all regulations and operate the facility ethically.
- Manage the finances of the production operations for profitability.
- Production facility management:
- Design, maintain and operate a state-of-the-art lean manufacturing, inventory management, assembly and purchasing facility and processes.
- Applying quality standards throughout the production facility.
- Plan and prepare for future production needs:
- Production / Capacity planning to ensure the manufacturing facility, inventory management system, assembly and purchasing systems can effectively meet the sales forecast outlined in the strategic plan.
- Effectively manage team leaders and team members within the production facility:
- Setting and measuring objectives quarterly
- Performance reviews
- Salary reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Machine shop
- Shipping / Assembly / Packaging
- R&D / Programming
- Sales & Marketing Manager
- Machine Shop Foreman
- Bookkeeping / Accounting personnel
This position reports to the President and is a salaried position working Monday through Friday.