Monitors plant operations of compliance with regulatory and company requirements. Monitors pre-operational and operational sanitation and sanitary product handling and HACCP. Acts as liaison to USDA regulators.
• Conducts pre-operational inspection of equipment and facilities as required, depending on the assigned shift.
• Perform environmental sampling of equipment, drains, and raw and finished products.
• Calibrate thermometers and scales on a daily basis.
• Monitor sanitation’s standard operating procedures and document SSOP’s in accordance with the companies program.
• Monitor and document the quality of packaging, raw materials, and finished products.
• Monitor foreign material detection and rejection.
• Monitor and record weights of finished products.
• Take raw and finished product temperatures.
• Monitor physical, chemical, and sensory characteristics of raw and finished products.
• Generate and complete the required records and documentation on a daily basis for each product line in accordance to the customer’s specifications.
• Perform HACCP monitoring and verification for all critical control points of the company’s HACCP programs.
• Work alongside USDA and production employees.
• Monitor and ensure food security and safety.
• H.S. diploma with additional specialized training where a thorough knowledge of food safety principles and HACCP was gained
• Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in quality assurance in a food processing environment.
• Must possess basic math and computer skills, and be able to read and analyze process charts, graphs, and logs.
• Must possess good analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
• Must be HACCP certified, or be able to become HACCP certified.
• Must have excellent oral and written skills at a technical and general level.
• Knowledgeable with USDA inspected facilities.
Apply at: csbeefpackers.com/careers