Student Group Information
Enlighten your class and introduce them to career options and potential employers. Give your students the advantage of seeing, first-hand, what manufacturing looks like.
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Ford Idaho Center • I-84 at exit 38
16200 N Idaho Center Blvd, Nampa, ID 83687
enter through gate 5 (just under the FORD logo sign)
This year’s event will include:
- STUDENT PREVIEW OF THE “MADE HERE” EXPO—
Open to all secondary and post-secondary student groups, featuring exhibitors showcasing the products they manufacture in Idaho. Come, be inspired by 3-D printers, robotics demonstrations, drones, and educational hands-on displays.
- STEM BUS— Walk through an interactive exhibit featuring the latest trends in technology and engineering.
- MOBILE CHEESE MANUFACTURING LAB— See the cheese making process in this display from the College of Southern Idaho.
- FOOD MANUFACTURERS— Taste the delicious product samples from french fries to brownie bites!
- ROBOTS and ROBOTIC SYSTEMS — see the newest robots used in manufacturing today.
- IDAHO POWER—visit their interactive display and view the high voltage demonstration.
- VISIT SCORES OF OTHER IDAHO MANUFACTURERS, including Western Trailer, Boise Cascade, Simplot, House of Design, Rekluse, Versabuilt, United Metals Recycling, Rekluse, robo-jet and many more!
ALL STUDENTS ARE INVITED! GIVE YOUR STUDENTS EXPOSURE TO THE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE IN MANUFACTURING.
Enlighten your class:
You may be surprised to learn that Idaho’s manufacturing industry is strong and growing fast! By 2025, nearly 2 million manufacturing jobs in the US will need to be filled—many of them right here in our backyard.
Give them a head start:
Statistically, students exposed to manufacturing are twice as likely to pursue a career in the field. Give your students the advantage of networking with the manufacturing community and learning what opportunities are available.
Show them the way:
In addition to the manufacturers’ exhibits, Career Technical and 2-/4-year higher education institutions will be on hand to show you the path to manufacturing careers!
Register your Student Group Here
Some additional details about taking your group to the expo:
- There is plenty of bus parking!
- Allow 1.5-2 hours at the expo for your students to have ample time to get through the exhibits, simulators and the STEM Bus. This is a self-paced event.
- There is limited food/drink available. There will be some concessions, but please encourage your students to plan accordingly.
- We will email registered groups a worksheet for students to complete at the expo. We’ve found this increases student engagement. Look for it 1-5 days prior to the event.