Student Group Information
Enlighten your class and introduce them to career options and potential employers. Give your students the advantage of seeing, first-hand, what manufacturing looks like.
Wednesday, October 16, 2019
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Ford Idaho Center • I-84 at exit 38
16200 N Idaho Center Blvd, Nampa, ID 83687
enter through gate 5 (just under the FORD logo sign)
ALL STUDENTS ARE INVITED! GIVE YOUR STUDENTS EXPOSURE TO THE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE IN MANUFACTURING.
Enlighten your class:
You may be surprised to learn that Idaho’s manufacturing industry is strong and growing fast! By 2025, nearly 2 million manufacturing jobs in the US will need to be filled—many of them right here in our backyard.
Give them a head start:
Statistically, students exposed to manufacturing are twice as likely to pursue a career in the field. Give your students the advantage of networking with the manufacturing community and learning what opportunities are available.
Show them the way:
In addition to the manufacturers’ exhibits, Career Technical and 2-/4-year higher education institutions will be on hand to show you the path to manufacturing careers!
- Come, be inspired by 3D PRINTERS, ROBOTS, DRONES, AND HANDS-ON DISPLAYS
- Taste the delicious product samples from area FOOD MANUFACTURERS— from french fries to brownie bites!
- See the newest ROBOTS and ROBOTIC SYSTEMS used in manufacturing today
- VISIT SCORES OF IDAHO MANUFACTURERS and learn about the cool products they make and the jobs they offer!
Some additional details about taking your group to the expo:
- There is plenty of bus parking!
- Allow 1.5-2 hours at the expo for your students to have ample time to get through the exhibits, simulators and the STEM Bus. This is a self-paced event.
- There no concessions available! Please encourage your students to plan accordingly. There are many food options near the Idaho Center, if needed.
- We will email registered groups a worksheet for students to complete at the expo. We’ve found this increases student engagement. Look for it 1-5 days prior to the event.