What is MFG (Manufacturing) Day?
An annual event that occurs in early October, MFG DAY is a national celebration of modern manufacturing meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturers. SWI- MA’s 2016 event had 30 exhibitors and hosted more than 500 attendees, including over 350 students. This year will offer more exhibitors and will be combined with a job fair to connect manufacturing companies and job-seekers.
On October 3 – 4, 2017, SWI-MA will celebrate with the following:
- A PROCLAMATION from the Governor naming October as Idaho Manufacturing Month
- AN INVITATION-ONLY VIP RECEPTION (SWI-MA members, manufacturers, and regional dignitaries)
- “MADE HERE!” EXPO, featuring exhibitors showcasing the products they manufacture here in Idaho; 3-D printers, robotics demonstrations, drones, industrial equipment and hands-on displays
- STUDENT EXPO PREVIEW from 9 to noon, open to all secondary and post-secondary students, educators and school groups
- JOB FAIR for applicants interested in manufacturing and related industries
The celebration continues in October with:
- PUBLIC TOURS OF LOCAL MANUFACTURERS throughout the month showcasing their plants, processes and products
This year’s event will include:
- 50+ Manufacturing and Industry-related Exhibitors
- 750+attendees,including students and general public
- Job Fair, open to the public
- Highlights include
- Micron STEM Bus
- College of Southern Idaho Mobile Cheese Manufacturing Lab
- Local manufacturing companies showing off the vast array of locally manufactured products
- Presentations with drones, robots and more
Why Does Manufacturing Day Exist?
Manufacturing environments are often thought of as dark, dangerous places designed for low-skilled workers. MFG DAY addresses this misperception by giving manufacturers an opportunity to open their doors and show, in a coordinated effort, what modern manufacturing is really like.