What is MFG (Manufacturing) Day?
An annual event that occurs in early October, MFG DAY is a national celebration of modern manufacturing meant to inspire the next generation of manufacturers. SWI- MA’s 2017 event had 68 exhibitors and hosted more than 1,100 attendees, including over 550 students. This year will offer 75+ exhibitors and will be combined with a job fair to connect manufacturing companies and job-seekers.
On October 16-17, 2018, SWI-MA will celebrate with the following:
- A PROCLAMATION from the Governor naming October as Idaho Manufacturing Month
- A VIP RECEPTION and AWARDS PRESENTATION including SWI-MA members, expo exhibitors, manufacturers, industry supporters, legislators and regional dignitaries
- “MADE HERE!” EXPO (10/17), Free & Open to the Public! Featuring exhibitors showcasing the products they manufacture here in Idaho; 3-D printers, robotics demonstrations, drones, industrial equipment and hands-on displays
- STUDENT EXPO SESSION (10am-2pm) open to all secondary and post-secondary students, educators and school groups, see Educator tab
- GENERAL PUBLIC & JOB FAIR SESSION (3pm-6pm) for applicants interested in manufacturing and related industries
2018’s event will include:
- 75+ Manufacturing and Industry-related Exhibitors
- 1,500+attendees, including students and the general public
- Job Fair, open to the public
- Highlights include
- Micron STEM Bus Mobile Lab
- College of Southern Idaho Mobile Cheese Manufacturing Lab
- Local manufacturing companies showing off the vast array of locally manufactured products
- Presentations with drones, robots and more
Why Does Manufacturing Day Exist?
Manufacturing environments are often thought of as dark, dangerous places designed for low-skilled workers. MFG DAY addresses this misperception by giving manufacturers an opportunity to open their doors and show, in a coordinated effort, what modern manufacturing is really like.